Hydrotech’s Monolithic Membrane 6125®, the original rubberized asphalt membrane, has been entrusted for more than 50 years with keeping high profile structures across the country and around the globe watertight. With more than two billion square feet of MM6125® installed on projects in over 36 countries, Hydrotech is recognized as the leader in the waterproofing industry.
MM6125 has many unique characteristics:
- MM6125 is a thermoplastic material – one component, 100% solids, NO solvents means no on-site cure failures, no two part mixing and no VOC restrictions.
- MM6125 has a minimum 40% recycled content; validated by UL.
- MM6125 conforms to all surface irregularities and bonds tenaciously to an acceptable substrate (i.e., concrete, steel, wood, etc.) eliminating lateral migration of water.
- MM6125 is completely monolithic, no seams!
- MM6125 is typically installed at 215 mils thick in the Fabric Reinforced Assembly. This is more than three times thicker than most other waterproofing membranes. Thickness is an important benefit in that MM6125 exhibits the ability to self-heal and better accommodate developing cracks in a concrete substrate.
- MM6125 can be installed at temperatures as low as 0 °F (provided the substrate is clean, dry, free of snow and frost).
- MM6125 detailing is simplified, with triple protection at all critical locations.
- MM6125 is ideal for dead level installations; no slope required, just positive drainage.
- MM6125 was developed to perform in a wet (submerged) environment.
- MM6125 tie-ins from one days work to the next is easy, perfect for phased construction.
One of the reasons MM6125 has been so successful in the market place is that MM6125 can only be installed by “trained” authorized Hydrotech applicators. MM6125 is sold direct, not through a distributorship.
Unlike sand or mortar setting bed installations, the architectural pavers are installed in an open joint assembly, supported at the four corners on spacer tabs or pedestals. This method of installation provides many distinct advantages…
- Open Joint System – open joints facilitate the flow of water below the paver surface to concealed drains, while also eliminating ponding water and trapped moisture.
- Access to Substructure – drains and all assembly components are easily accessible. If the need should arise, pavers can simply be lifted and reset in place so maintenance and future alterations are easily accomplished.
- Installation Flexibility – pavers are set directly on spacer tabs or adjustable pedestals to an established grade and even leveled where a sloped deck exists, a simple, durable solution.
sand set vs. open joint
We continue to expand our product line to give architects and owners superior flexibility and design options for plazas, roof, parking decks and critical waterproofing projects.